Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions. If you have any further questions please let us know.
1. Can I have a party?
- ABSOLUTELY NOT! You are not to have a party in any of our houses. We are only renting it to you to stay. All visitors must leave by 10pm and not come back till after 8am. If you are found to have had a party you will be fined $500 plus expenses and you will be asked to leave immediately. If we are called out for any reason the charge will be $70. This is serious and we can be closed down entirely for one party. In addition to this we have to make sure the house is presentable for the next person.
2. What if I want more people to stay.
- That is ok AS LONG AS WE ARE INFORMED. This is for health and safety. You have paid for -total_guests- people. If you wish to add people (even if one night) it is $40- $50 per night per person this covers all costs like laundry, cleaning, electricity and internet usage, general wear and tear.
- If we are not advised and you are found to have extra people it will be $60 per person per night for the full length of your stay.
- All visitors must leave by 10pm and not come back to the property until after 8am. Or they will be charged for.
3. Do you supply linen and towels?
- Yes we do. All beds have sheets, duvet, pillows, foot blanket and there is a spare blanket in the cupboard. Each bed will have two towels. There are also two tea towels and shower mats.
4. Do you supply kitchen equipment
- Yes we do. Your kitchen is fully equipped with the basics.
5. Do you supply cleaning equipment
- Yes all houses come with basic dish liquid, dishwasher tablets (if there is one), floor cleaner, spray and wipe and toilet duck. There is also cloths, bucket, broom, mop and vacuum cleaner.
6. What do you supply in the bathroom.
- We do supply soap, Shampoo and Conditioner and toilet paper to get you started.
- You are expected to purchase more for yourself if these are used if you need them. If you want us to supply more there will be a charge.
- We also supply iron, ironing board and hairdryer.
7. What if I don’t want to pay the cleaning fee?
- The cleaning fee is compulsory and covers an end of stay clean, all the linen and some consumables like tea and coffee.
- It is NOT serviced accommodation.
- It is common for everyone to have different cleaning standards and this is why we employ a professional cleaner.
- Regular cleaning is available at a cost.
8. What happens if I see something missing or not cleaned?
- If this does please advise us and we can either come and replace the item or send a cleaner over. Please note the dishwasher may still have dishes in it, as the previous person did not switch it on so the cleaners put it on when they arrived, but it was not finished by the time they leave. To keep costs down we do not send cleaners back to empty the dishwasher.
9. What happens with rubbish?
- You are only allowed two bags of rubbish,( collection day on fridge).
- If you have more please do let us know.
- Please separate paper and glass if you have bigger amounts.
- Please put rubbish outside the door, our staff will come the night before collection to put it out.
- We do not enter the building while you are there. If you have a high amount of rubbish, we expect you to take some with you or try to reduce the number of bags by sorting the bottles out etc.
- If you leave excessive rubbish, we will charge $20 per bag.
10. When is payment due?
- Most websites will have a payment process in place please check booking conditions,
- Typically payment is due 30 days prior to your stay.
- Payment is expected PRIOR TO YOUR STAY.
- We do not take payment at the door.
- We will not send you the key code and check-in details until payment is made.
11. Do I have to meet you somewhere to get the key
- No. We have the key on the property in a lock box.
- When you pay you will receive the instructions and this will have the code in it.
12. Do we live on the property.
- No, with some exceptions.
- However we do keep an eye on every property.
- Cleaners and maintenance people will also visit doing their tasks to keep the property maintained outside.
- Please note a few of our properties are next to each other or owner is adjoined.
13. Do we have the whole house or will other people be staying.
- You will have either a whole house or a self-contained unit/part of the property, depending on the property you’ve booked.
14. Is there Wi-Fi or Sky and is it included.
- Yes to both and yes they are included in your price.
15. What is the routine with bedding?
- On the beds you will find a bug protector wrapping the mattress, then a water protector underlay and another underlay.
- The sheets, pillowcases and towels are commercially cleaned
- Pillows have 2 protectors which we wash after every stay.
- If you place the pillow in the cupboard, we will know it was not used.
- Duvets are cleaned routinely.
- Please do not wash the sheets or towels at the end of your stay!.
- If you need more we can supply them there may be a cost.
16. Can we change the configuration of the beds
- No. We do not have the room to store extras.
- Most rooms have a queen bed, with some exceptions.
- We can provide extra mattresses with bedding, but you need to advise us prior to your stay as its first in first served.
- We can supply a porta cot (no bedding or linen supplied) and a highchair.
- Please let us know in advance so we can check availability and have it ready for your arrival.